Military Coup d'Etat sees Mugabe Family and Ministers under House Arrest

15 Nov 2017
Military overthrows Zim Government

Analysts have described the Zimbabwean military’s house arrest of President Robert Mugabe, his wife Grace, and other top state officials as a coup d’état, despite military leaders denying that it has usurped the presidency.

The military action against Mugabe came a day after armed forces commander Constantine Chiwenga announced that the military would stop “those bent on hijacking the revolution”.

“It is definitely a coup, in the sense that there’s been a military intervention in the highest office of the state and state functionaries, such as the public broadcaster have been taken over,” says Liesl Louw-Vaudron, an analyst for the Institute of Security Studies.

Willie Breytenbach, Emeritus Professor in Political Science at Stellenbosch University, says that, although the situation will only crystalise over the next few days, it has all the hallmarks of a military coup d’état.

Experts are also in agreement that Mugabe’s sacking of his long-standing ally, Emmerson Mnangagwa, and his attempts to force his wife into the position of vice president and, by implication, president, are what led to the dramatic military action.

“What we’re seeing is really the long-term result of the blocking of any kind of democratic transition in Zimbabwe. The army is now stepping in on behalf of the factional leader [Mnangagwa] in the name of the constitution and Zimbabwe’s democratic ideals,” says Professor Brian Roftopoulos, a leading researcher on Zimbabwe from the University of the Western Cape.

“This is, of course, all very ironic, seeing that the military has been using violence to keep Mugabe in power indirectly and Mnangagwa has played a key role in supporting him, despite him previously losing the elections.”

While the military has been careful not to cast their action against Mugabe as a coup, but rather as a “democratic transition”, Roftopoulos says this is because they know that a coup will not go down well with the Zimbabwean people, who are tired of violence.

Readers Comments

Evelyn Russell | Sun, 10 Dec 2017 11:42:57 +0100
Testimony of financial breakthrough from GOD through the help of Funding Circle Loan INC. (fundingloanplc@yahoo.com OR Call/Text +14067326622)... Hi I'am Evelyn Russell resident at 808 NE 19th St Oklahoma City, I am a single mother blessed with 2 daughters. For a while now I have been searching for a genuine loan lender who could help me with a loan as I no longer have a job, all I got were hoodlums who made me trust them and at the end they took my money without giving me any loan, my hope was lost, I got confused and frustrated, it became difficult for my family to feed with a good meal, I never wanted to have anything to do with any loan lending companies on the internet again. Not until I met a Godsent loan lender that changed my life and that of my family Through the help of a fellowship member "a lender with the fear of God in him Mr JASON RAYMOND, he was the man God sent to elevate my family from suffering. At first I thought it wasn’t going to be possible due to my previous experience until I received my loan worth $135,000.00 USD in less then 24hours. So my advise to anyone out there genuinely in need of a loan is to contact Funding Circle Loan INC through this official email:- fundingloanplc@yahoo.com OR Call/Text +1(406)732-6622 and be financial lifted.
Prosper Loan | Wed, 13 Dec 2017 01:33:09 +0100
DO NOT KEEP YOUR FINANCIAL BURDEN TO YOURSELF CONTACT US NOW FOR ANY KIND OF LOAN AT A LOW INTEREST OF 2%.( prosperloanfirm@yahoo.com ) Our loans are well insured for maximum security is our priority, Our leading goal is to help you get the service you deserve, Our Loan program is the quickest. We give out loan in any currency of your choice { Dollar, pounds, Euro, Dinar, etc} and duration of 1 to 50 years to pay back the loan (secure and unsecured). Do you need any kind of loan and have low credit score, Have you find it difficult to get loans from local banks and other financial institutions? solution to your financial problem is PROSPER LOAN FIRM. The terms and conditions are very reasonable and considerate..../ We offer a wide range of financial services which includes: Business Loan, Debt Consolidation Loans, Personal Loans, Car loans, Hotel loans, Student loans, Home Refinancing Loans with low interest rate @2% per annul for individuals, companies and corporate bodies. Interested applicants should Contact us via email: prosperloanfirm@yahoo.com OR prosperloanfirm@hotmail.com. Apply and be free from financial bondage.
Dr. Nolan Grey-son | Tue, 26 Dec 2017 10:35:13 +0100
DO YOU WANT A PERSONAL/BUSINESS/INVESTMENT LOAN? We have provided over $1 Billion in business loans to over 17,000 business owners just like you. We use our own designated risk technology to provide you with the right business loan so you can grow your business. Our services are fast and reliable, loans are approved within 24 hours of successful application. We offer loans from a minimum range of $10,000 to a maximum of $500 million. Do you find yourself in a bit of trouble with unpaid bills and don't know which way to go or where to turn? What about finding a reputable Debt Consolidation firm that can assist you in reducing monthly installment so that you will have affordable repayment options as well as room to breathe when it comes to the end of the month and bills need to get paid? Dr. Nolan Grey-son Loan Home is the answer. Reduce your payments to ease the strain on your monthly expenses. Email (dr.nolangreysonloans@gmail.com) DO YOU NEED 100% FINANCE? we give out loans with an affordable interest rate of 2% NOLAN GREY-SON LOAN HOME, (dr.nolangreysonloans@gmail.com) aims is to provide Excellent Professional Financial Services. Our services include the following: *Truck Loans * Personal Loans * Debt consolidation loans * Car Loans * Business Loans * Education Loans * Mortgage *Refinancing Loans * Home Loans We give you loan with a low interest rate of 2% and loan duration of 1 to 30 years to pay back the loan (secure and unsecured). Do not keep your financial problems to yourself in order for you not to be debt master or financial stress up, which is why you must contact us quickly for a solution to your financial problems. It will be a great joy to us when you are financially stable. Email (dr.nolangreysonloans@gmail.com) NOTE:Bear in mind that it will only take less than 24 Hours to process your file is 100% Guaranteed no matter your Credit Score. Yours Sincerely, Dr. Nolan Grey-son +1 (716) 790-6220 We are certified and your privacy is 100% safe with us. Worry no more about your loans or finances. Get your instant loan approval
Wema Sundas | Wed, 03 Jan 2018 03:04:18 +0100
Dear Sir/Madam, We are back with the best international financial service rendered to the general public with maximum satisfaction, maximum risk free. Do not miss this opportunity. Join the most trusted financial institution and secure a legitimate financial empowerment to add meaning to your life/business.( BEWARE OF DUPLICATE OF THIS ADVERT WERE NAME AND EMAIL ADDRESS WILL BE CHANGED ) Too many fake loan firms online. We remain the only loan firm that has made Our mission solving your financial problems and help your business succeed our priority. We the Wema Loans, Provides both long and short term loan financing. We offer secure and confidential loans at a very low interest rate of 3% per year. We offer: Personal loans, Debt Consolidation Loan, Venture Capital, Business Loan, Corporate Loans, Educational Loan, Home Loan and Loans for any reason! We are the trusted alternative to bank financing, and our application process is simple and straightforward. Our loan ranges from $5,000.00 (Five Thousand dollars ) to $25,000,000.00 (Twenty Five Million dollars). Additional Info: We're fast becoming the private, discreet, and service oriented lending choice for general loans. We're the company to turn to when traditional lending sources fails. If you are interested do not hesitate to contact us with the information’s below by Email: mrswemaloans@rocketmail.com. And please i want to beg all those that are out there that are just trying to apply for loan OR loans and take it for a joke not to do that here as this is a loan firm that was founded in TRUTH and in full SINCERITY to support everybody in the world with financial help. TAKE NOTE: ANY RULES AND REGULATIONS THAT HAS BEEN LAID DOWN HERE CANNOT BE BEND TO SATISFY ANY CUSTOMER WANTS, AS EVERY CUSTOMER IS EXPECTED TO MEET WITH THE RULES / TERMS IN TRYING TO ACQUIRE A LOAN HERE. IF ANYONE COULD NOT MEET WITH IT HERE, HIS OR HER LOAN APPLICATION WILL BE CANCELLED. 1. Your Full names: 2. Contact address: 3. Occupation: 4. Your Contact Telephone Numbers: 5. Monthly Income: 6. Contact Email Address: 7. Loan Amount: Name Of Loan Firm: Wema Sundas Loan Investment, Name of the CEO: Mrs Wema Sundas, Name Of Personal Assistant: Mr Primo Samakard Email: mrswemaloans@rocketmail.com . In receipt of your contact and seriousness to getting a loan here, You will surely get a call from my personal assistant or me the Chief Executive Officer of this loan firm.
Daan Sophia | Sat, 06 Jan 2018 09:04:37 +0100
FINANCIAL BREAKTHROUGH Life indeed is GRACE, I'am Daan Sophia currently in California USA. I would like to share my experience with you guys on how I got a loan of $185,000.00 USD to clear my bank draft and start up a new business. It all started when i lost my home and belongings due to the bank draft I took to offset some bills and some personal needs. I became so desperate and began to seek for funds at all means. Luckily for me I heard a colleague of mine talking about this company, I got interested although i was scared of being scammed, I was compelled by my situation and had no choice than to seek advise from my friend regarding this very company and was given their contact number, getting intouch with them really made me skeptical due to my past experience with online lenders, little did i know this very Company "PROGRESSIVE LOAN INC. was a godsent to me and my family and the entire Internet World, this company has been of great help to me and some of my colleague and today am a proud owner of well organized business and responsibilities are well handled all thanks to Josef Lewis of (progresiveloan@yahoo.com).. So if really you are genuinely in need of a loan either to expand or start up your own business or in any form of financial difficulty, i advise you give Mr Josef Lewis of Progressive loan the opportunity of financial upliftment in your life Email: progresiveloan@yahoo.com OR Call/Text +1(603) 786-7565 and not fall victim of online scam in the name of getting a loan. thanks
charlie bean | Wed, 10 Jan 2018 23:02:44 +0100
I`m Charlie Bean and I live in Toronto Canada. I needed a loan to buy a house and I searched for a mortgage loan from all banks and I was denied and I loss hope of having my own house until I came across a post just as you reading my post now. I saw a post about a Financial Service Company who gives loan at 2% interest so I applied in STEAKLEY FINANCIAL SERVICES using their email steakleyfinancialservices@yahoo.com. And my loan was granted it was like a dream but was true and now am a owner of a house in Toronto and am paying the mortgage loan with no stress and I also requested if I can be granted a business loan and I was also granted. Now am living a happy life, I will advice you if you have an financial problems and you need money to settle it so you can pay with no stress just contact Steakley Financial Service at their email Steakleyfinancialservices@yahoo.com or number +1(512) 714-8010.
Michelle Huxford | Sat, 13 Jan 2018 00:42:56 +0100
ALL THANKS TO UPSTART LOAN AM NOW FINANCIALLY STABLE . upstartloan@yahoo.com I am Michelle Huxford from Casper, Wyoming. I was in a very chronic financial issue and terminal health situation some few weeks back. After all my search for assistance from friends and neighbors proved abortive, I feel there was no one who truly cares. I became so emaciated due to lack of good food and my 2 kids age 5 and 8 were not also good looking due to lack of proper care as a result of finance. One faithful morning I saw an old time friend of my late husband and I told him all I have been going through and he said the only way he could help was to direct me to a good loan agency that also helped him, He explained to me on how he was financially down and how he got boosted by this loan agency UPSTART LOAN INC ( upstartloan@yahoo.com ) who grant him 245,000 USD loan at an affordable rate. He further assured me that they were the only legit loan firm he found in the quest of seeking for loan after been scammed by various fake loan lenders online. He gave me their email: upstartloan@yahoo.com or text/call (574) 301-1639, That was how i applied and was also granted a loan and my life changed for the good. CONTACT THE ONLY GENUINE LENDERS( UPSTART LOAN INC) VIA email: upstartloan@yahoo.com or call +1 (574) 301-1639 to resolve your financial mess.
CH | Sun, 28 Jan 2018 04:12:08 +0100
WELCOME TO BETTERMENT FUNDINGS {bettermentfunding@gmail.com} our aims is to provide Excellent Professional Service. Our loans are well insured for maximum security is our priority, Our leading goal is to help you get the services you deserve, Our program is the quickest way to get what you need in a snap. Reduce your payments to ease the strain on your monthly expenses. Gain flexibility with which you can use for any purpose – from vacations, to education, to unique purchases Are you a business man or woman? Are you in any financial mess or do you need funds to start up your own business? Do you need a loan to start a nice Small Scale and medium business? Do you have a low credit score and you are finding it hard to obtain capital loan from local banks and other financial institutes?. We offer a wide range of financial services which includes: Personal Loans, Debt consolidation loans, Business Loans, Education Loans, Mortgage Secured Loan, Unsecured loan, Mortgage Loans, Payday off Loans, Student Loans, Commercial Loans, Car Loans, Investments Loans, Development Loans, Acquisition Loans, Construction Loans, with low interest rate at 2% per annul for individuals, companies and corporate bodies. Get the best for your family and own your dream home as well with our General Loan scheme. If you are interested to get a loan then kindly write us with the loan requirement.Please, contact us for more information: bettermentfunding@gmail.com We look forward to hear from you ASAP Interested applicants should Contact us via email: bettermentfunding@gmail.com
Michelle Huxford | Mon, 29 Jan 2018 07:37:39 +0100
Steven | Sat, 03 Feb 2018 18:46:38 +0100
Hello are you in need of a loan to pay your debts or start up a new business,buy a house or a car? Have you been denied loans by your bank because you have no collateral or a bad credit score, Steven Borka Financial Service is a government registered private loan company, We offer all kind of loans both personal and business loan at an affordable interest rate short and long terms base,process of getting a loan from our company is fast reliable and easy, loans are approved with 24hours of successful application contact us today for full loan proceedings if interested. Email:stevenborkafinancialservices@gmail.com Mobile:+1(210)634-5868
Diana Morales | Sun, 08 Apr 2018 19:31:06 +0200
How I revived my dying business. My name is Diana Morales from Springfield IL. I want to express my heartfelt gratitude to Jennard Investments Limited for granting me a loan of $59,000 to revive my dying business on the 21st of March 2018, after being turned down by my bank and other financial agencies I visited. I recommend everyone out there in need of financial assistance in other not to fall into the wrong hands while searching of a liable loan to contact this company via email: jennardinvestmentslimited@outlook.com and contact number: +1(484)292-4513. God bless you all.
Brenda Stanbery | Mon, 09 Apr 2018 18:22:44 +0200
How I paid my mortgaged and tax bills My name is Brenda Stanbery, a single mom with 2 kids from Memphis, Tennessee, I am very happy and grateful to Jennard Investments Limited for granting me a loan of $62,000.00 through the help of Mr John Martin Dyson, on the 6th of April 2018 to upset and settle my mortgaged and tax bills and also stabilize my business I was going through some challenges. They saved me and my children from loosing our house. This message might be of great importance to you out there seeking a genuine loan in other not to fall into wrong hands, my advice to you is to contact this company today via email: jennardinvestmentslimited@outlook.com. also with contact number: +1(484)292-4513.
JohnLogan | Thu, 12 Apr 2018 05:33:13 +0200
Dear Customer, I am Mr.John Logan , I in collaboration with other supporting Goverment approved financial institutions give out loans with 1.8% interest rate, this is a reduced interest rate from our previous 2% interest rate, after considrations made by our board.Now you can acquire loans at sick interests Are you tired of seeking loans and Mortgages?have you been turned down constantly By your banks and other financial institutions,We guarantee you an offer of any form of loan to individuals and corporate bodies at low interest rate.If you are interested in taking a loan,feel free to contact us today,we promise to offer you the best services ever.Just give us a try,because a trial will convince you. What are your Financial needs? a business loan? a personal loan? to buy a car? to refinance? a mortgage loan? or a huge capital to start off your business proposal or expansion? Have you lost hope and you think there is no way out, and your financial burdens still persists? well welcome to johnloganLoanFirm. Contact us today via email: JohnLoganLoanFirm@gmail.com
DONALD | Sun, 15 Apr 2018 22:28:51 +0200
How My Credit Score Was Restored My name is DONALD ANTHONY from Florida, I want to express my heartfelt gratitude to JOHN LOAN FIRM for helping me restore my credit score and my dying business by granting me a mortgage of $50,000 after being turned down by my bank and other financial agencies I visited. I recommend everyone out there in need of financial assistance in other not to fall into the wrong hands while searching of a liable mortgage to contact this company via email: johnloanfirm2@gmail.com God bless you all.
Sonia Wilfred | Tue, 01 May 2018 02:10:35 +0200
Hi Everyone My Name is Sonia Wilfred. Am here to share a liltle testimony about myself how i was scammed trying to get a loan. Until I saw a comment about someone talking about how she got her desired loan funds from Gilbert Aburimen World Loans Financial Services via:gilbertaburimenworldloans@yahoo.com. I was in surprised and interested, I emailed the referred mail, and i applied for the loan that i seek to pay off my debts and bills and to my greatest surprise, the loan funds was credited into my provided bank account successfully without any stress and delay I got the help from Gilbert Aburimen World Loans Financial Services via:gilbertaburimenworldloans@yahoo.com. You can email him for help, he is amazing, he gave me reason to smile. It's so fast?.
jackballard396@gmail.com | Sat, 05 May 2018 20:28:28 +0200
ANOUNCEMENT ANOUNCEMENT ANOUNCEMENT This post is to let you all know that you can get a loan or any type of financial help at a very cheap interest rate of 2% without a collateral requirement.If you check this loan out you will be very happy you have done so because it is the cheapest loan you can ever think of, to get this loan contact jackballard396@gmail.com he is a genuine loan lender and I have gotten finance from him for my business Thanks
Evelyn Russel | Sat, 05 May 2018 23:01:50 +0200
I'm Evelyn Russell resident at 808 NE 19th St Oklahoma City, I am a single mother blessed with 2 daughters. For a while now I have been searching for a genuine loan lender who could help me with a loan as I no longer have a job, all I got were hoodlums who made me trust them and at the end they took my money without giving me any loan, my hope was lost, I got confused and frustrated, it became difficult for my family to feed with a good meal, I never wanted to have anything to do with any loan lending companies on the internet again. Not until I met a God sent loan lender that changed my life and that of my family Through the help of a fellowship member "a lender with the fear of God in him Mr Larry John , he was the man that God sent to elevate my family from suffering. At first I thought it wasn’t going to be possible due to my previous experience until I received my loan worth $225,000.00 USD in less then 24hours. So my advise to anyone out there genuinely in need of a loan is to contact Him through this official email:- (larryjohncapitalinvestment@gmail.com ) . Thanks and God bless
Mr. Russell Logan | Sat, 12 May 2018 17:54:42 +0200
DO YOU NEED AN AFFORDABLE LOAN TODAY? We have provided over $1 Billion in business loans to over 15,000 business owners just like you. We use our own designated risk technology to provide you with the right business loan so you can grow your business. Our services are fast and reliable, loans are approved within 24 hours of successful application. We offer loans from a minimum range of $5,000 to a maximum of $500 million. Do you find yourself in a bit of trouble with unpaid bills and don’t know which way to go or where to turn? What about finding a reputable Debt Consolidation firm that can assist you in reducing monthly installment so that you will have affordable repayment options as well as room to breathe when it comes to the end of the month and bills need to get paid? Mr. Russell Logan Loan Home is the answer. Reduce your payments to ease the strain on your monthly expenses. Email (russellloganloanhome@gmail.com) Phone: +1(704) 489-3977 DO YOU NEED 100% FINANCE? we give out loans with an affordable interest rate of 2% RUSSELL LOGAN LOAN HOME, (russellloganloanhome@gmail.com) Phone: +1(704)489-3977 aims is to provide Excellent Professional Financial Services. Our services include the following: *Truck Loans * Personal Loans *Business Start up loans * Debt consolidation loans * Car Loans * Hotels Loans * Education Loans * Mortgage *Refinancing Loans * Home Loans We give you loan with a low interest rate of 2% and loan duration of 1 to 30 years to pay back the loan (secure and unsecured). Do not keep your financial problems to yourself in order for you not to be debt master or financial stress up, which is why you must contact us quickly for a solution to your financial problems. It will be a great joy to us when you are financially stable. Email (russellloganloanhome@gmail.com) Phone: +1(704)489-3977 NOTE:Bear in mind that it will only take less than 24 Hours to process your file is 100% Guaranteed no matter your Credit Score. Yours Sincerely, Mr. Russell Logan +1 (704) 489-3977 We are certified and your privacy is 100% safe with us. Worry no more about your financial problems. Get your instant loan approval
AMC | Sun, 13 May 2018 13:41:37 +0200
How you can make some bucks daily If you desire to make some bucks daily then you have to apply for one Automatic Master Card (AMC). This card is Automatically loaded on daily basis with 3000$ and you can pull out this money without any problem, Using The AMC is totally secured and the ATMs do not read the daily withdrawals you make with the cards. I have a sample of the card for you, if you need the card contact me : divinecardhacker@gmail.com God Bless America
bryan | Tue, 15 May 2018 22:41:36 +0200
Are you in search of a legitimate loan? Tired of Seeking Loans and Mortgages? Have you been turned down by your banks ? Do you need a loan to clear your debts/bills? Then your financial trauma is over. We Offer Loans Of all kinds with 2% interest rate. We are certified and trust worthy. we can help you with financial assistance. Contact us now via, bryanloaners@gmail.com for more info in regards to your loan.
Bernard Correy | Sun, 20 May 2018 15:00:30 +0200
Bernard Correy | Sun, 20 May 2018 15:05:53 +0200
BG & SBLC For Lease and Purchase 100% protected (We moves first) Are you an individual businessman or a business organisation that wishes to expand in business ??, we offer financial instrument such as BGs, SBLCs,MTNs, LCs, CDs and others on lease and sales at a rate of 4%+2% of the face value and reasonable conditionfrom a genuine provider. You are at liberty to engage our leased facilities into trade programs as well as in signatory project(s) such as Aviation, Agriculture, Petroleum, Telecommunication and any other project(s) etc. Email:~ inquiry.firstchoice@gmail.com Skype ID:contact.firstchoice With our financial/bank instrument you can establish line of credit with your bank and/or secure loan for your projects in which our bank instrument will serve collateral in your bank to fund your project. We deliver with time and precision as set forth in the agreement. Our terms and Conditions are reasonable and we work directly with issuing bank lease providers, this instrument can be monetized on your behalf for upto 100% funding. Intermediaries/Consultants/Brokers are welcome to bring their clients and are 100% protected. In complete confidence, we will work together for the benefits of all parties involved. All relevant business information will be provided upon request. BROKERS ARE WELCOME & 100% PROTECTED!!! If Interested kindly contact me via Email:~ inquiry.firstchoice@gmail.com Skype ID:contact.firstchoice serious enquiry BG & SBLC For Lease and Purchase 100% protected (We moves first)